Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will it ever end ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hitch, Feb 15, 2002.

1. hitch

hitch Newbie

Hi all. I just purchased my first "real" truck. It is 76 3/4 ton GMC with a 400 sb, th350 and a np203. The truck only has 34000 original miles on it, but I have already spent a lot on a new radiator, exhaust, tires, wheels, and lift kit without even seeing the truck. It is in California and I am in Colorado. there is still more stuff I want to do to this thing. Does the spending money on this ever end ?

As a note: this board is a great place for information and I intend on joining CK5.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hitch on 02/15/02 01:32 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nope....never ends.
    Welcome to CK5

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

It doesnt end.As you go you will find the price tags of the items on your want list will only get bigger with time.And some day the super expensive mods that you want but could never justify spending the $$$$ on will be only things left on the list.Its not realy a matter of if you are gonna spend it ,its when.

This is the way its been with me anyway [​IMG]

What do I know,Im just a Ford guy [​IMG].<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hitch,

I'm with Grimmy.....it will never end! [​IMG] I have a simple rule when it comes to cars (or trucks)......buy something that you LOVE! Every vehicle is going to break down, or cost you money....if you start with a vehicle you don't even LIKE......you are going to resent every dime it costs you!!!

I've seen the guys go that way.....and they're miserable.

The only question I have for you, is do you have it registered in CA or CO? California can really take the fun out of car projects if they are '74+ models.....too many smog requirements and unreasonable rules to keep everything EXACTLY the same as factory.....regardless of whether is runs as clean (or cleaner!) than original.......

Mine's a '72.....which lets me have a LOT more fun. I don't know what the smog laws are in Colorado....but my guess is you're better off registering it there.....

Enjoy it! Glad you found us here at CK5! [​IMG]

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You can either buy a new one and make payments.....
    Or get a older one and build the truck you really want.
    There aint no free lunchs and no-one gets out alive. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> It all depends on your $$$$$$ level and your want list !! LOL !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

7. hitch

hitch Newbie

Hi Greg. Oh yea, I really want this truck. It is registered in Ca right now, but I am going to register it as a farm truck when i get it here. There is no smog test for farm trucks in Co. I plan on flying out to CA next Friday and drive back next Sunday and Monday. I have another question - from the description from my dad, it has the big 14 bolt rear end and a dana front. I do not know if the front is a 44 or a 60. I assume that it would be a 60 ?

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Welcome aboard, and it never ends. The front axle should be a Dana 44.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

9. hitch

hitch Newbie

Riz, my want list greatly exceeds my $$$ level... LOL