Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will it fit in the garage???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MITCH_89', Apr 29, 2004.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

I bought a new house, and finally have a garage. My Blazer has 4" tuff country lift, and 33s. I have the top off, and I clear my garage by 3.5". Can I fit 35" tires and still get in the garage. I dont know anyone that has some I can try before I make a mistake and buy them??? Thanks

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Suuurrrre it'll fit,,,

little bit of this to the garage opening,,
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Little bit of this to the truuuuuck,,,
    /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The 35's will actually only give you 1" of lift over the 33's. You should be OK

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Technically apeaking it should fit.
    You should only get 1 of the 2" below the axle therefore only lifting the truck 1".

How big is your garage, my 2.5" lift and 33's and the roof rubs the door.

Still in GB?

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Mine has a 4" Tuff Country lift with 38's and no top, it BARELY fits /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

I think Ill go for it...worst case, my air compressor will get a daily workout /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Go for it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It will be close...if it won't fit then back up 100 yards, floor it, and right in. Getting out willbe a different story. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Measure to see if where the door stops going up because mine stops about 2" below the opening. Or just air down and pucker up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I think 7' is the standard height garage door. I know mine is and some other houses I looked at before I bought this one all measured in right at 7' 0". My truck is 6'10" high with 35's and about 5" of suspension lift. You have to pay attention to the slope of your driveway and garage floor, because the truck will pitch a little bit, eating up some clearance. Without a top, this is easier.

Most garage door openers can be adjusted for the open position. Make sure the door is not eating up clearance. I also moved a 1" weatherstrip off of the opening and mounted it on the door itself for 1" additional clearance. If it's close, take a look at things and see what you can move. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

11. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

if its to big you will just have to air down the tires ..... but blazers are out door creatures

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I laughed pretty hard when read your post cut hereand grind there /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'm envious of any one who can get their truck in their garage. mine's way to high. I'd have to take the wheels off to get it in, and thats with only 36 inchers on it. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif