Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will it fit????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer72, Oct 23, 2000.

1. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Off topic just a bit, but having just gotten a new, to me, tow truck to pull my blazer with. I have found that I did not do the job I though when looking at it before being and now it needs a new motor. I have a nice Chevy 400 short block with 4 bolt main that should do well in place of the 5.7 (350) that came in the burban. Has anyone put an early 400 in, in place of the later 350/5.7, in this case it a 93 4wheel drive ? I plan on just using the 400 short block and using the heads and such as came on the burban. I know I will have to use the 400 flywheel and balancer, and to use the 350’s head the steam holes will have to be added. Any thing ells that I missing!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The only thing I can thinkk that you didn't mention is the Flux Capacitor! The one for a 350 is definately different than the one on the 400!

LOL, just adding some humor this morning/afternoon! :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com