Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will it work?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lar300mag, Oct 17, 2006.

1. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

Will this combo work? 6" Tuff Country 52" front w/7" ORD shackles and 5" Tuff Country 64" rear w/ORD 2 1/2 shackle flip with 6" shackle, I am planning on running 44" boggers or 46" michilins. give me some input!

2. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

how much trimming you wanna do their buddy? looks like you got 9" lift up front .. im running 7.25-7.5" lift up front and i still had to tub my firewall for clearance under flex and thats with the axle moved forward 1.5" from zero rate and then the additional i think its 3 or 4" with the 52's up front..im running 44" boggers .. what type driving you wanna do or will actually be doing with this thing that is the question you need to be asking yourself first .. cause height is easy to get flex is harder to get right .. small lift and big tires is like a balancing act .. ive also ran about 9" lift which was modifies 12" superlifts and still had to do a little more trimming than the large bushwacker cut outs had here is my cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/235498 this will give you kind of an idea .. i more drove my truck then took pics so thats why their are not that many hahah but let me know if you need to know some more specifics on my setups from the pics

3. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

truck looks great man...what length springs do you have front and rear..

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

you're gona have a little more than 10" lift up front and about 8" in the rear...you'd need a 4" shackle flip not a 2.5" flip.

im running 5" lifted 64's in the rear and plan for 4" lifted 56's up front. im curently running 39.5s but i think next time im going to run 42's.

it will wok but its going to probably cost more than you think. you are going to need custom driveshafts, and i assume ur going to run 60/14 combo?

5. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

Just got the front done and looks great... rear almost done. as far as trimming goes, I will do as much as I need to to make it work. Just buiilding a fun truck thats starting to cost some money, just in suspention parts and steering-around 3000.00, back to the flexing, with just the cab on the frame, I figure the front end will drop about 3" with the BB Chevy and 465/205 in, in the rear I used 2.5" shackle flip with the 6" shackle.
    Once the engine is in I am planning to do a little adjustment if nessicery
    Thanks for your replys

6. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

well the suspension is in (pics coming soon) the only worries is spring wrap on the front and front shackle angle, the shackle angle will have to wait till i get the 454/465/205 in to see how it sits. the only thing that stoped me from getting those in was i lost the pilot bushing and there is no part stores within 45 min of my house.