Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will Lockright last in front dana 44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5canuck, Jan 30, 2003.

1. 88k5canuck

88k5canuck Registered Member

I am running 3/4 ton setup. Dana 44 front, dana 60 rear, 40" mudders and 366 truck motor. Would a lockright installed in the front dana 44 hold up? I run only mud. It is not a daily driver. I was running a lockright in my front 10 bolt before the switch with 38" ground hawgs and stock 88 350 engine. I have had no problems at all. Works excellent in mud. The only problem I had was I blew a axleshaft in the front 10 bolt before. It happens. I will eventually get a front dana 60. The reason I would choose a lockright is price and ease of installation. I can do it myself and don't need someone to re-setup the gears.
    Thanks for help.

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I broke my lockright in my dana 44. I sheered the pins on it. I did do it in the rocks, so you might be ok in the mud. I was running 38.5 tslsx's at the time with a fairly stock engine.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I broke the pins too... 10bolt rear 4.56 35" tires. Dumping the clutch ...alot ...in the sand. oops! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well Mine was in a D44 and with 35" tires on the rocks I broke axle shafts, the Lock right is still fine.
    But I got spare pins with my lock right in case they do break.
    I think you will break axle shafts before the pins break in th mud, unless you have chromemoly shafts, then you blow pinions. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif