Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will my 5000's work with a lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caleb22, Jun 9, 2005.

1. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

I bought a 1" body lift from ORD for my 89 Blazer. However, I have decided to do a 4" suspension lift instead (which means the 1" lift is up for sale btw...still in the box...I'll sell it for a good deal). I just put on some RS5000 Rancho shocks.

Will my RS5000 shocks work with a 4" lift? I'm not sure what lift kit yet as I'm still researching that one.

My goal is to run 35" tires versus my original plan of 33's.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If they are for a stock truck, then they probably won't work. You can always try, but my vote is no.

You can run 35 inch tires with 4 inches of lift, but plan on some front fender trimming. It won't take a lot, but you can't be afraid to cut the sheetmetal. Otherwise go to a 6 inch lift.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

your shocks most likely do NOT have enough travel for 4 more inches of lift.

on an old worn in Tuff COuntry lift, i fit 35s with no trimming. they were about 34in tall tho.

when i moved to 36s i had to trim some, but not too much.

4. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys

I guess I'll stick with my 1" body lift and 33 inch tires for now then. Maybe when I wear out the new Swamper SSR tires I'll upgrade my shocks and things.

For those that sent me a PM, sorry but I'll need to keep my 1" lift. My knuckles hurt too bad from my shock install and I would hate to lose out on the money i spent for those :)