Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will my 98 z71 pickup rub with 285/75/16s? (33.1x11.3)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AFUFO, Mar 1, 2007.

1. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

We have a 98 K1500 Pickup with the Z71 package. The truck came stock with 265/75/16. We want something a little wider and taller, that sticks out a little more..make the truck look more like a truck.

Will 285/75/16 (33.1x11.3 overall size for trailcutter mud terrain) rub for street use? A bit of mud, very little trails with rocks..(going in april, that will be the only trip to trails like that).. Will be on sand a bit too but that dosent need flex.

Lifts are out of the question for this daily driver, and we dont want to fendertrim unless its very minor and hardly noticable.

The Trailcutter M/T specs are here-
    http://www.laramietire.com/line/specs/tlt_trailcutter_radial_mt.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vid of our truck.. front sits a tiny bit higher now too, Had torsion bars cranked up a tiny bit(was crooked), and add a leafs are being installed in the rear soon.
    www.crookedhousecreations.com/SIMG0071.AVI
    pics are under the "how will my truck look with xxx lift and xxx tires" thread, 2 pages from the end. Right now we have 275/70/16 Dueler A/T revos..kinda bald now

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

This can be moved to the proper forum, but i wont be able to respond except via edit (will i be able to edit still?).

3. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

buy one bump get another bump free! Bumped from page 8

4. Casey97z71

Casey97z71 Registered Member

They'll fit, I ran 305s on my 97 with no rubbing.

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok stock wheels they will be ok. Maybe a LITTLE torsion bar crank and trimming, but on aftermarket wheels they will rub.

6. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Stock z71 wheels =) Wish they made aftermarket wheels that looked like the z71s, then i could have them on my Jimmy.

I asked because i saw my friends 94 fullsize blazer, and his 265s look like they almost rub, which is why i got worried 285s wouldnt fit. i think he has aftermarket wheels, and his truck might have had smaller stock tires i dont know.. i know its not a z71.

Thanks

This is his truck-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lol..that top is begging to be sawed off.. trying to get him to do it to the one hes about to get for a trailrig.. either cut it off forever or make a track system for it.

7. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

you should be fine.. my mom runs the same exact size on the stock wheels on her 96 yukon and ive never experienced any rubbing when i drove it

8. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

not one bit

9. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Ok sweet thanks guys

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

My friend had 285's on his '96 Z71 before he SAS'ed it. He had the torsion bars cranked a bit and an add-a-leaf in the rear. The only rubbing was on the lower control arm when he turned the tires all the way to one side or the other.

He did manage to get the front left tire to rub the upper lip of the fender when landing from a fairly good size jump, but that was the only time.