Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will my driveshaft work?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlitzK5, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

I just installed my new 14 bolt FF with a 4" shackle flip and new OEM springs. I am going to be installing a 1350/1310 u joint so I can connect up to the stock 1/2ton driveshaft. I am running a NP 208 with 4 degrees at the rear yoke. The 14bolt has 14 degress at the pinion and the driveshaft is at a 24 degrees. Will I experince any driveshaft binding with these angles? or will is survive? I dont want to waste any money on a new driveshaft because I might be swithing to a 205.

454/TH350/NP208/4" lift/10 bolt F/14 bolt FF/38X15.5X16.5

2. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Anybody?

3. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

switch to the 205 first.

4. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just went through this, except my angles weren't as severe as yours. I had a very bad vibration due to this and it would get the u-joints so hot that it would liquify the grease in them and would sling it all under the truck. I had to grease them weekly. It also wore out the bushing in the t/c tailshaft housing. I drove it this way for about a month, then I ordered a cv shaft from Jess at H.A.D. and it solved all of my problems. Even with that you're probably going to have to do some angle correcting.