Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will my fenders be ok?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Oct 5, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have a 4" lift on my truck right now. i'm gettin my 36" swampers next week. will i be able to drive around town without cuttin my fenders? need to know or i better start cuttin now. i told my dad i won't have to trim to drive around town but i will have to cut them to do anything else. he'll make fun of me if they rub too much to drive, please help me!

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I just did this, 4" lift and 36"TSL's. No rubbing on the road, but it wont take much off road to rub

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html>http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html</a>

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yup.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a 4" and 35s and they don't rub on the road or when I'm doing something mild off road, so I thought I was okay. I wasn't. My tires got actually cut by my fenders. I would suggest that if you venture onto anything even close to off-road, you either cut your fenders or get a 2" body lift.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

A little bit of it depends on your lift - certain 4" kits are more like 3 or 3½" lifts. But you should be able to get around town just fine.

Of the 5 toughest dogs in the neighborhood, my cat's ranked #3
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks a lot i know i have to cut em, in fact i wanna cut em like the uav but not that far. but i also wanna get some ORD 1" add-a-leaves for all 4 corners.

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241