Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will my manuals fit... and how do I put these ones in?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 4, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok, I put my manual hubs on long time ago for like a day and took them off because I was expecting to do an axle swap and wanted to keep them... well never happened.... mean time some idiot stole the box my hubs were in along with some other things... (I never realized the hubs were gone until a few days ago when I went to put them on for Hollister). I bought a new set off eBay for like $30 bucks... (probably my set they stole from me knowing my luck!) Anyhow I picked them up from the guy because he was local to me... all sales are final he told me, I said fine. However these have 6 screws to install it, the ones on now have 5... I remember a post saying that hubs with 6 screws can mount in replacement of hubs with 5 because you are removing the whole thing? I sure hope so...! This time too nothing is coming apart so easy. It all came apart so easy last time I thought I did it wrong! This time it won't come apart at all and I am rolling around screaming at it! I have no instructions and I can't remember either! So um [​IMG], help me out here please. How do I change them out? Will this new set even fit...? I apologize for not looking harder in the search because I know there's a ton on hubs. I did somewhat and found a million things and was looking through them... none of which answered what I wanted exactly... and I could probably search for the next 3 hours and possibly not find that post I was wanting... so if you can help I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Stephanie <><
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You have autos in right now? When I took my autos out, the driver's side came out nice and easy, passenger's side, when I had just a couple threads on the last screw, the hub came shooting out. And if I remember right, autos have 5 screws and my manuals have six and I had no problems.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

3. ChevyCaGal

Ok, I couldn't remember if they'd fit... I never paid attention when they came out so easy last time... this time, good golly, I am gonna have to buy a M80 from one of the little asain boys on my street to blow it out it's in there so good.... [​IMG]

Oh yeah, Happy 4th everyone! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

When I did my brakes a couple of years ago, one of the hubs was stuck and we had to apply that real high tech tool, the BFH to it to get the darn thing out. Good thing too, the hub is corroded pretty bad.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

5. ChevyCaGal

I still can't get them out, I wonder if I put them back in wrong last time? LOL.... I already cut the crud out of my thumb.... so um is there a trick? Also any sites with instructions or pics on the how too? Thanks...

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

This won't be much help but have you looked for a snap ring? I'll have to look in the book an see, but i'm sure someone will will know by then.

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated
    Cethern@interfold.com

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Do you have a manual? There should be a good description and pictures of the way the hubs go in.
    Maybe try this, lock up the hubs and then try to remove, but don't sit in front of the hub since with autos, when removing they are under pressure and will shoot out a couple of feet.
    Disclaimer: Yes I know, stupid dangerous advice. I am not responsible for my blathering due to prolong exposure to Central Valley air and sun.

8. ChevyCaGal

Yeah I got it out.... it's jammed in there way good... I wonder what the heck I did to it? I try to pry it out and nuttin'.... and BB I tired that too he he... oh well maybe I will keep trying... [​IMG]

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

What about the the outer retainer ring?
    On auto hubs there is also a retainer ring that goes around the outer diameter of the hub. There is a small metal cover on the out side of the outer gear. remove this cover. inside you will find two pin looking things. squeeze them together with a small pair of needle nose and pull on the hub it should come out

<font color=orange>GOT HORSEPOWER?</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Thunder on 07/06/01 07:55 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

10. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try this picture
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=16907259&photoID=16907402&security=zHYyFoAnhM>http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=16907259&photoID=16907402&security=zHYyFoAnhM</A>

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>