Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will rev limiter work with stock TBI ign?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmy88, Mar 24, 2002.

1. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

About 15 years ago got a Mallory tach with an adjustable soft rev limiter. Want to put in the 88 Jimmy now. I assume the rev limiter works by grounding the tach signal. Will this hurt the module in the distributor or the ECM? Thought I saw somewhere in a manual not to ground the tach lead on the distributor. Anybody running a rev limiter with the stock TBI ignition?

2. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

I'm commited now. The tach is in where the fuel gage was. Nobody's running a rev limiter with the stock ign?? Any electrical experts have any guesses?

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I run a rev limiter on my TBI burb, but its through the MSD 6-AL box. It was only 4 wires to hook up the whole ignition, and it is part of the box.

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

if ya got it hooked up test it... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Hey, thanks for responding. I'm going to wait for better weather to test it so if it fries something I don't have to fix it in the rain. Right now I have it turned up to 11,000rpm so it won't kick in. Really want it for when I put the 400 small block in.

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea I hear ya there! I'd like to put a rev limiter of somekind on JMT. (won't happen anytime soon though)