Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will stock u-bolt's work with 2 inch lift blocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Aug 13, 2001.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Will stock u-bolt\'s work with 2 inch lift blocks?

I have a set of 2 inch lift blocks that should cure the Saggy butt of the 89 Blazer..
    My question .. will the stock u-bolt's work?
    Or my other option is to ad a helper spring.. which I also have.. will another spring in the spring pack give me a little more height til I can order a lift kit for this truck?

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

2. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Re: Will stock u-bolt\'s work with 2 inch lift blocks?

The stock u-bolts are a maybe but I doubt it. I just looked at the u-bolts on mine and there is no way I could put a 2" block in there.
    I put a 2" or 3" (dont remember which) Trail Master add-a-leaf in my 4Runner to get rid of the saggy butt problem. They didnt even make the ride all that bad, I kinda figured that the stock springs were so worn out that the helper spring just brought it back to stock specs. I ran it that way till I parked it (for about 18 months). I dont see any reason why you couldnt do that till you got the lift.

Scot in KC, MO.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/Scooter/side_right_2.jpg>Blue 87 GMC Jimmy</a>
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Cool..Thanks Scooter.
    . guess I'll ad the helper springs.. or the new set of stock leaf springs I have here.
    I'll play around with it til it's right..

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Check the amount of threads showing above the nuts on the rear u-bolts. If there is at least 2" or more thread exposed above the nuts, you can use the 2" blocks. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks Wes..
    I'm going to use the leaf spring's I have in the garage.. counted the leaf packs.. the new set i have are 6 leaf.. the stock one's on the truck are 5.. should solve my saggy blazer butt problem.
    Wes.. the plates that go on top of the leaf springs.. I found one off a 3/4 ton chevy truck.. it was a 4x4.. will that work when I do my axle swap?

6. thatK30guy

Yeah, those plates will work just fine!! [​IMG] Glad you found some because I dont have anymore except for some brand spanking new ones that I want to keep!

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Well.. I only found one plate .. I have to go back and locate another.. or a few more.. [​IMG]
    I'm slowly trying to accumulate all part's necessary..

8. thatK30guy

Hint: the 2wd plates are the same as the 4wd plates on all 3/4 tons. [​IMG]

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks.. Hint greatly appreciated..

10. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I've always been told to absolutely never reuse old u-bolts.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You couldn't re-use the u-bolts if you wanted to anyway, it's nearly impossible to get them off without destroying them.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles