Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will the parts off this blazer work on my 76' ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Dec 13, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Will this blazers rear qt panels work on my 1976 ? I dont know what year this is but its free and the Qts and other parts look better then mine.. any info wilkl be great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See, it throws me off to make me think it wont work because the gas door opening doesnt look like mine???

[​IMG]

This blazer has 4 head lights, mine has only two?

[​IMG]

See the rear qt's look decent, way better then mine. Will they work?

[​IMG]

2. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I was hoping to snag the bumbers off this truck as well, what do you think?

3. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

just get the whole blazer

4. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Thats my plan, I wanted to use it as a "picker" truck.. I just would like to know if the sheet metal will bolt on my 76' before I tow it on home..

5. chevy wrangler

6. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Looks like a 73-75 blazer that someone swapped an 80's front clip on. The bed sides should work just find. Why not use the body or windshield frame and make your k5 into a full convertible? :wink1:

7. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

So the rear quarters will work fine even though it has a different gas cut out then mine?

8. chevy wrangler

what is wrong with the body tub??? rust?? just swap out tubs

9. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Is that blazer a full convetible? If so, I might be nutts but I dont like the full convertible blazer's. My blazer just needs some odd's and in's to complete it so there are just a few parts I need off of it.

Thats alot of work to switch tubs if im not going to be happy with it.

Thanks for all the help guys, ill probably tow it on home today and see what happenes from there

10. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

If the tub is rust free. Why not sell it and buy something to cut up. Full convertibles usually sell for more. That would make a nice restore due to the front clip already being swapped and a nice body.

11. chevy wrangler

x dos

12. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I dont have the title for this truck, it was abandoned. The guys property it was on said take it. So, I guess Ill take it and make it worth while

13. riggz

riggz Registered Member

damn thats a sweet freebie! i don't know why everyone thinks its and older model. that clearly looks like an 87 K5.

hey if you don't want that rack up top i'll take it!

14. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

Because of the full removable top that only came on 73-75 k5's of that generation and the roundish dash pad instead of the squared off style of the 80's. I think it just has a 1987 front clip.

15. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Looks to be in too good of shape to rob parts off of. After you get it I'd check with the DMV on titles for abandoned vehicles. I wouldn't tell them you have it or anything, just ask about the procedures. Might be worth it to sell whole.

At some point you would have to give them the VIN to see if it was reported stolen or has outstanding tickets before you could get the title but hey, if it's stolen it's the right thing to do. If it's got lots of tickets well, then ...mmmm.. might take awhile to report it's location.

16. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I found out whos it is, but the guy that knows the guy cant get a hold of him. He said its been sitting there for three years. I guess the guy had plans for it but never followed through. Ill just wait until he gets a hold of the guy to see if its alright if I tow it away.

The whole interior is stripped, no winshield ( it just snowed) the carb was stolen off of it but has a manifold and motor, tran, transfer case ect... The body work that someone did on it seems ok but my magnet doesnt stick so I think they just fiber glass and bondoed it, isnt that a poor way of doing body work? The only thing I like about the older full converitibles are the front clips and this one was changed out to a newer 80's clip, so I dont know, ill probably just take the things I want off of it and try and sell or give away the rest..