Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will these fit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72blazer4x4, Jun 5, 2001.

1. 72blazer4x4

72blazer4x4 Registered Member

i was at the tires store getting prices today. i wanted 35's but i found i could get 36's for cheaper. now the question is will the 36's fit with a 4 inch suspension lift, with a good turning radius just for town driving until i cut the fenders?

jeremy

2. EricM

EricM Registered Member

I have a 4" skyjacker lift with 6" rear springs And a 1 inch body lift. I just put on 36x12.5x16 Swamper Radials which measure supposedly a true 36. I also put in 1 ton axles which I have been told because of taller spring perches and bigger axle tubes is good for another small amount of lift about 1". My tires fit fine in the back but when turning they come close up front I have been driving it around town and they don't rub but I will be doing some trimming this weekend.

If you just have a 4" lift with the 1/2 ton axles it might work it might not. Are the tires truly 36" most are 1/2 to 1 inch less then what the say. My 33" BFG A/T's with 50% tread measured 31" to the tape.

To many variables to be sure but I'd say buy em put the money you save into a 1" body lift and body mount bushings. Then break out the sawzall. Hope this helps.

Eric M.

3. 72blazer4x4

yeah im looking at 36x12.5x15 swamper bias(not exactly sure if they are tsl,sx, or ssr). but ill probably take your advice and just buy them and see what happens.

jeremy

4. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

I put 35's on mine with a 4 inch lift and it did all right. I wont lie it rubs when turned and backed out of the drive way.
    I ended up cutting the front of the front fender right under the trim and I havnt had a problem since,
    You will probably be alright around town.
    Blazin72

Blazin 72

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I am looking on doing the same thing. I have warn down 33" tires and a 4" lift. My rear 33's rub at the front of the opening at full flex (with about 4" to spair at the rear). You should be able to fit them for the street but will have to trim a fair amount to 'wheel with them. Also you may want to think about gearing (at least 4.10 if you don't already).

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

6. 72blazer4x4

i called the guy because i was concerned about the rubbing and he said he would trim the fenders free of charge.

jeremy