Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will these tires fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ballsweat2, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Ballsweat2

Ballsweat2 Newbie

I have a 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer. I am currently running 235-75-R15 tires. I also have plenty of room under the wheel well for a bigger tire. I was wondering if any one knew if I could put some 31x10.50's on without any problems or lift. Thank you for any help you can give me.

2. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

don't think they will fit without rubbing.
    years ago my friend had an 89 s10 blazer and when he went larger on tires the biggest he could fit was 245/75.
    not many small suv's can fit 31x10.5 tire without lift.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I used to have a 89 S-10 Blazer. I cranked the torsion bars a little and added longer rear shackles for a little over 1" of lift. then I installed some 31" MT's and trimmed the very bottom corner of the front fenders and it never rubbed. I stuck with the factory alloy rims though. If you use an aftermarket rim with different backspacing you may have rubbing.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe 235/75 was the largest stock S-10 tire size, (that vintage) and with that, tire chains couldn't be used! At least thats what I remember from my friends owners manual....

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

5. EZdoesit

EZdoesit Registered Member

I'm thinking back a few years here, but I knew a guy when I was in high school that had like an 88-89 s-10 blazer and he put 31x10.5 BFG at's on the stock rims and they fit just fine, no rubbing that he ever told me about

87 K5, all stock so far, except for some rust

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It depends on how you use it. I've got a '91 4-door S-Jimmy with 30x9.50's on the stock alloy wheels. The torsion bars are cranked up to the top and the rear has add-a-leaves to level it out. When the front is compressed hard and the wheels are turned just right, the front tires lightly rub the back edge of the fenderwells.

31's may or may not fit, depending on what brand they are. Some manufacturers get a bit overly optimistic when labelling their tires. So one brand of 31's may be considerably shorter than another brand of 31's. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

8. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

nice user name, NOT! fill out your profile so we can see how old you are.