Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will they fit??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cole01, May 31, 2005.

1. cole01

cole01 Newbie

I have a 1980 ck and I want to go with a rough country 6' lift and I want to run 39.5 boggers with some finder trim. I need to know if the rough country 6" will fit the meats? Is rough country a good product or if I need to go big and do a super lift 8"? Help PLEASE. Thanks guys. :confused:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most people will tell you that the Rough Country lift is very rough. I don't have one, but speaking as one who has a stiff lift, I wish that I had gone with a better spring in the front as my lift is also rough. I would go with a better spring if I were you.

Sounds like the tires will fit with a lot of trimming, but you may alos want to consider axles, etc if going that big. You don't say what kind of truck you're putting them under, but 10 bolts probably won't handle any abuse with those tires. The first thing that I learned is that it never ends with just a lift and some tires - plan ahead now based on your driving style and where you will be.