Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will They Protest Or Won't They?????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Since I must remain unbias in my duties, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. By the way, I will be at the funeral on Tuesday on duty and in uniform because this soldier is from the county where I now currently live.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i am glad put away a bunch of assholes for me
    what a bunch of crap

what about the cool motercycle group that was protesting the protesters, would you have to arrest them to?

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

ya know, everyone has a right to their opinion of the war but also need to show respect for those being laid to rest regardless of how they feel. how would they feel if when they were burying a loved one, a crowd of people were doing the same to them? people don't have any respect these days......

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

There's a homosexual agenda?

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is certainly a large part of the problem...

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I was reading a Fark article a while back about the main funeral protester ass. Apparently we should hate these soldier because they support a country like the USA that is tolerant of homosexuals, which... it isn't really....

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Why hasnt some redneck okie mowed them down with his pickup dragging a bunch of irrigation pipes chained to the back yet? That would be a mission worthy of a trip north of the red river...

8. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

The irony about the whole thing is that the military, though it has been more progressive in modern culture for minorities and women (the first minority promoted to the rank of general and the first woman were promoted to the rank of general well before the private sector had women and minority CEOs) still gays are officially unaccepted. The military, by standard trait of fighting wars with possible death are macho and heroic and stereotypically anti-liberal which generally means anti-gay. (ask me how many gay pilots I know…Yeah right) Yet, this group is protesting with anti-gay messages!

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

How many gay pilots do you know?

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Only a matter of time unless something changes. Far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be protests at funerals period.

11. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Good question. :D None really. The gayest (is that a word?) pilots I know only have sex with one woman at a time. :D

12. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

The furneral for a kid killed in iraq, was held today about 40 miles away. I say a kid , he was born in 1967 just like myself. It just boils my blood that some people has no more respect than to protest at a furneral. You know at that time in life, we are all pretty much the same. Going to the next chapter in what ever we belive in. And that is good enough for me. To try to gain by protesting at somebodys furneral, is just sick and wrong. In my opinion your stance on the war does'nt matter, its soldiers like this keeps me safe and warm with my family living a dream of a life that how many people in the world doesnt have a chance or a clue of ever having or knowing. If what these men are doing is so wrong, the protesters should go live with the other side. I wonder if they would be so tolerant with them. Never the less, at every chance I get I say my prayers with my kids, asking for a watching guiding hand over the armed forces. Bubba may you have a good day on your shift, I will pray that every thing goes well.

13. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

The thing that baffles me most, is they defame those responsible for giving their right to assembly.

14. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Bubba, If perhaps you are forced to arrest one or more of the protesters, could you please try to work in a taser somehow, or manage to hit their ear on the roof of the car loading them? please...

15. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Unbiased in your duties...but what is your gut saying to do?

x2 on the redneck okie part...actually, I'm surprised a fight hadn't broken out in other areas they've done that.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

My uniform and my badge and the trust invested into me by the sheriff of this county and the people for who I serve does not allow my personal feelings to sway my actions that I take as a law enforcement officer.

I could very easily sit here and tell you exactly how I, as a former member of the United States Army, feel about the whole thing. I could also tell you as a former member of the United States Army and as a proud American, there is nothing more that I hold dearer to my heart than the freedoms afforded us by the Constitution. If you search hard enough, I bet you would find exactly how I feel about this whole thing. But I am not going to go into that just right now. I would bet that my fellow officers of the law on this board that have been around the block a hell of a lot more times than I have would probably say that I've already said too much.

Tuesday will either turn out to be a big to do about nothing and before someone gets the wrong impression off of that statement; one of the proudest moments of my time in the military was on funeral detail making sure those that came before me who went to war in far away lands to make sure we can continue enjoying our freedoms; I am not taking anything away from the soldier who will be sent off on Tuesday. Or it could turn into one of those things that is national news and possibly a future Supreme Court case. That's the way I read this thing.

After I come home on Tuesday, I will post my reflections of the day on the board. Depending on what happens, I will say not much at all or I will sit here and give the readers here what one person's impression is of the whole thing.

The deepest statement I can say right now is that it's one sick ****ing joke that shouldn't even had become reality...............................

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh brother. Here we go. Fred Phelps name is pretty much a common household name around here if you live in Kansas. We Kansans are pretty much sick and tired of his crap. Someone should off him and let everyone rest in peace.

18. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Hey Bubba is it illegal to hang funeral protesters by their balls in public?

19. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

i know

i know how your feeling right now. i proudly served for my country in the army. fought in the damn desert, and am still serving my country in the national guard. The military side of me says to just take the protesters and drop them in iraq and see how they like being there. but also as a federal employee guarding "things" i know how you have to try to remain unbiased and how hard that can be. all we can do is honor those fallen and those who return home safely. (i wasnt alive then but) when the soldiers came home from vietnamn very few were there to honor and welcome them back home. i have personally seen people who disrespected me and my fellow soldiers when we have returned home and as much as we would have liked to rip off some heads, we couldnt. we had to present the best image to the families of those who had fallen in combat with us.

this might sound like rambling but thats cause i could talk for awhile about a topic i feel so strongly about.

basicly.... BE THERE IN UNIFORM AND SUPPORT AND HONOR for me and other soldiers living and fallen.

shawn :usaflag:

20. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

I have thought about it, but irrigation pipe is too lightweight, now drilling pipe sounds more like it... :haha: