Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will they work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by basing110, Aug 24, 2005.

1. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

im am having some trouble trying to get some stock 63" chevy 1/2 T springs so i am wondering will 62" toyota deavers work or should i just hold off till i can find some for cheap?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I would think the Toyota springs would not be strong enough for a full size but I am not certain. I say wait, if I am wrong please let me know.

Ira

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, while they might work fine, common sense tells me that toys are way lighter than our beasts, not to mention an inch shorter spring, and that you should put down the pipe and wait for the right springs.

Have you tried the local yards? 88-98 Chev's are the most common vehicle in the truck half of my favorite yard, I couldn't imagine it would be hard to get the springs for cheap.

4. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

ive been to the local yards and havent found any 63" springs ..i find 52 or 56 and i want the flex of a 63" .anyone know how much lift if any a 63" will give compared to a 52"

5. mikey_d05

depends on how you mount them, you'll have to relocate the front mount if you run 63's and don't want to move your axle back ~5.5", not trying to offend, but you realize that 63's are on 88-98 body style trucks right?

6. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

yea i know what year trucks they are in but at the junkyards around here i only get 76-85 it seems like .. what springs should i run then to have a nice flex rear end .. im trying to build a top truck style truck so needs to flex pretty good .

7. mikey_d05

56" rear springs will flex well, there is much debate about what vehicles they come in, but generally a 3/4 and 1 ton 73-87 will have them.

If you're patient or call around though you'll definitely be able to net some 63's, just keep at it brother.

8. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

found some maybe

a guy just pmd me from race-dezert and says he has some 63" rear leafs from his 04 GMC ..do those trucks have 63" springs? and if not what lenghth are they?

9. mikey_d05

I honestly don't know how long the rear springs on new body style trucks are...hmmmm...post up a new thread and I'm sure somebody will answer you. My dad just sold an '01 GMC, otherwise I could go measure them for you. Instincts tell me they're the springs you're looking for and they'll work fine, but I'm not 100% on that. Sorry about that. Best of luck.