Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will this be enough trailer for my blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Feb 9, 2006.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Ok my friend has this exact trailer only a few years old and he will sell it to me real cheap, he sold his rally car so no need for it. Nevertheless, it says 6000 pounds, Im not really sure what my blazer weighs. But it has a dana 60 front, 14 ff rear, th400/205, and all the sheetmetal. It currently has a small block but there may be a big block in the future. I imagine that I am fairly close to that weight. So do you guys think this trailer will be ok for the weight of my truck? Also does anyone have a big tex trailer, and do you like it or have any problems with it?

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Doesn't sound big enough to me. Generally car trailers have a 7000 pound capacity. When you consider the trailer weighs around 1500, and the blazer close to 6000, its not going to work. I know some have done it, but your over the rated capacity.

I'm looking to buy a trailer for mine right now, and won't go under a 10,000 pound rating.

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

I agree that a 10K is best. I have used a 7K to haul a jimmy with a plow but it was pushing it. The tires on the 10ks are much heavier duty and much less prown to blowouts when the trailer is loaded to the max. 7K are good for jeeps and cars but not full sizes IMO. If the trailer is that good a deal scoff it up and sell it to a jeeper and put that towards your new trailer.

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I think its a pretty good deal, he want 600 for it but I really dont want to deal with buying and selling it, my dad doesnt particularly like all the crap hes got in the back yard now (anyone wanna buy a 95 4x4 f-150, lol) so in that case I will look for a heavier duty trailer. I dont think there that horrible in price anyways right? No more than 2 grand? for a decent trailer.

5. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Go no smaller than 18' 10k lbs for a vehicle hauler. Figure in 1,500 lbs for the trailer and you are down to 8,500lbs. A chunky blazer with all the sheetmetal, 1 ton running gears, oversize tires, armor (bumpers, sliders, etc..), Winch, tools, spare parts, spare tires for trailer and Blazer.....and you will be getting close to maxing out a 10k trailer.

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ok thanks guys, glad I asked before I bought the thing.

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

if it fits, I would probably get it. Make sure you got a big enough tow rig.

8. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Would my 86 crew cab K30 dually be enough tow rig?:D :D :D