Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will This Cage Fit???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SAVAGE1, Feb 6, 2001.

1. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I found a 6 point cage that was custom built for a 76. Will it fit into my 85? Did the body/ floor change at all between these years. The floor on my 85 drops down about 6 inches from where the back seat mounts. Can someone with a 76 tell me if the floor stays flat or has the 6" drop? Any advice would help.

Thanks,
    Rod

BLAZER FOOD!!
    [​IMG]

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

My 76 the floor is the same level from the tailgate right up too the back of the front seats.Then it drops down.I think on yours the floor drops about a foot further back.So the front of the cage and the back of the cage would fit but the middle would be about 6 inchs off the floor.If your getting a good deal on the cage just have a welder extend the middle tubes and put new plates on the end of these.The welds would be barely visible if done right and just as strong.

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Cool. Atleast I know it will be able to fit into the truck. The guy wanted $75 but we talked it down to $50. Who ever made it did a good job. There are little snap buttons that run along the top hoop for a soft top to attach to. I'll get some pics up when I'm finished. Thanks Bigd.

Rod

BLAZER FOOD!!
    [​IMG]

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i think that floor design changed in 77.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think that the floor design changed when they went to the fold and tumble rear seat. My '77 had the "unbolt it and find a place to store it" seat. [​IMG] The floor in it was also flat from just behind the front seats to the tailgate.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>