Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will this cam work ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by njonl, Sep 19, 2005.

1. njonl

njonl 1/2 ton status

Whats up guys,

I have an '89 Blazer with a stock TBI 350. A buddy of mine just bought a ZZ4 crate motor and he already swapped out the cam and he was going to throw the stock cam away. I said I would take it hoping I would be able to use it in something maybe. My question is, will this ZZ4 cam work in my stock motor ? What would I need to do to make it work ? Would this even be worth doing ? Thanks for any input anybody might have.

-Nick

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

for an 89 motor, you should have roller provisions just not equipment. If you want you can get the rest of the parts, and it would be a strong motor with the cam, but i dont know what you would have to do about the tbi computer.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

running a .510 lift cam on stock heads isn't doable. waste of time and money even if you could run it the stock PROM wouldn't be happy and it would probably run like a samari.

You could run that cam but you'd have to swap out the valve springs which is a giant waste of time and money.

check out crane cams powermax cams...

easy 20 hp without touching the computer.