Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will this kit help my carb???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Aug 30, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Will this offroad needle and seat kit help me in off camber situations and steep climbs or is more for bumpy roads. Anyone heard anything or had experience??? It's an edelbrock off road kit. Only $10 it might not hurt to try it. I don't know enough about carbs to tell if it will help /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    web page

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Heck, for ten bucks, it's worth trying.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I don't know about hills and off camber situations, but my K5 used to crap out while I was coasting down the washboard roads that lead to my cabin. Hasn't happened once since I installed the kit. For $10, why not?

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

The off road needle and seats made mine run worse on the highway, and didn't help AT ALL off road. Worthless. I finally switched to a Qjet and haven't looked back since!

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The off road needle and seats made mine run worse on the highway, and didn't help AT ALL off road. Worthless. I finally switched to a Qjet and haven't looked back since!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ditto /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I even called and talked to a Rep from Edelbrock and the guy told Me that the carbs are not for off road use. So I asked why the [censored] do they sell an off road kit for them. He hung up on Me /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

That's what I needed to hear, I will be getting a Q jet from the J/Y. $50 plus a rebuild kit $20. Should be worth the money. I am done with edelbrock for off road vehicles /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I just took my Edelbrock off too, what a piece of crap.

Stock Q-jet that I got for free from my buddy on it now. Runs better than it has in years.

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well since I can I'm gonna buck the majority. We put those needles and seats in Wimpy and it solved all of our climbing and off camber floodin out problems. Apparently, nobody else has the same results but it worked for us.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I like the edelbrock and carter AFB carbs,mostly for the street--I will admit though,they arent fond of an off camber angles,or bouncing up and down like a K5 will on a washboard road,they seem to flood pretty easy and stall the motor in those situations(just like murphy's law says)--I havent had any experience with the "off road kit",but I think it would be wise to use theese carbs on the street,not offrod--I've had my plow truck stall several times just climbing a snowbank--something I definately wouldnt want happening on an offroad uphill climb.The quadrajet seems to be the choice of most people on here--I have seen some 2 barrel GM carbs run pretty good at extreme angles too. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif