Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will this shock hoop work on my truck?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue> I saw this on the Fabtech Motorsports site, and I was wondering if it would fit my 71 frame. It's meant for a 73-91 2wd chevy.</font color=blue>

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhh I dig that!!!!! post the URL of where to order that. it will solve my shock problems.
    Well the frames are close on the 71 to the 73-91. But that doesnt make it a garantee. Best thing to do is find a truck with the year that that is listed for and mesure the frame width and see if yours is the same in the area that is supost to attach. Make sure you also mesure how high the engine sits. it may create a clearance problem over the engine also. Check the location of the cross members also they may be differnt location and interfer with it.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The url is http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com. I know the front axles from the 73-78 trucks will bolt up to the earlier frame, so the frame can't be that far off. The engine is low and far back, so it will clear the engine fine.</font color=blue>