Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will this work for lifting

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by orangecrush 72, Oct 30, 2003.

1. orangecrush 72

orangecrush 72 Registered Member

my buddy just lifted his truck by just putting 4" blocks on it.no body or suspension just blocks and new u bolts.will he see problems down the road or will this actually work i've never heard of this.it was the cheapest way .
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Blocks on the front? That is a big Mistake.Under certain conditions those front blocks could come out and then he will have large problems. Plus in a lot of states that is Illegel

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Either stay far away or take the blocks out and shove them up your buddy's cornhole for being an idiot.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, bubba is gettin militant!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

at any rate, yeah dont ever use blocks in the front. blocks in the rear are ok but I wouldnt run them in a rig that I took offroad. Other peeps have, but I wouldnt do it myself.

j

5. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

I just bought brand new TC EZ ride 4" springs for the front of my 87 3/4 ton 4x4 and they were only $103 per spring. I'd lose the blocks in the front ASAP and put some springs in, otherwise he'll have some serious if not legal problems.

6. orangecrush 72

he doesn't take it off road he just did it for show.kinda lame but it is a nice blazer.but its all show and no go(muddin) /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. mudjunkie 82

Well the whole thing is with the front block situation he could not just hurt himself but others as well.

8. simply_signs

simply_signs Registered Member

I work for a towing service and just last month a guy had a truck with blocks in front. He spent a week in the hospital after he flipped the truck doing some extreme off roading. The blocks were the problem. One came out making the whole front end shift back. Not good when you are going down hill!!!
    Anyone that is truely into 4X4's. Knows that blocks in front are a BAD way to go!!!

9. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    I work for a towing service and just last month a guy had a truck with blocks in front. He spent a week in the hospital after he flipped the truck doing some extreme off roading. The blocks were the problem. One came out making the whole front end shift back. Not good when you are going down hill!!!
    Anyone that is truely into 4X4's. Knows that blocks in front are a BAD way to go!!!

[/ QUOTE ]YEP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Good lord, you live close to me. Get rid of those stupid front blocks. They're even worse on-road than off. When you make a curve and spit a block out at 70mpg and roll your junk into a family in a civic, you're endangering others lives...If you want to be stupid fine, but if you endanger my life I'm gonna be pissed! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. orangecrush 72

relax its not my blazer that has them i don't have a lift kit on mine yet its a buddy of mine that went the cheep a easy way and all i was doing was wondering if he'll have problems down the road.and from the looks of it he will. im going to tell him to get rid of them soon.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Please do. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

basically if his truck never goes off road with front blocks that would be good, but it never leaves his driveway, that would be better, but he probably won't listen to you right away cuz for him it looks cool, so in the meantime just warn him not to take turns fast, stay away from bad roads with potholes or bumps and if he's going to go over ANY kind of speedbumbs tell him to take it SLOOOOWWW!!! or the blocks will shift,or come out and his front bumper will be good friends with the ground real fast!

14. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

If he won't listen to you then have him visit this site so we can set him straight. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Even if the truck is strictly for show and is never off-road or is never driven on the street, he should still use springs in the front. What's going to happen when he sells it to some unsuspecting person? Set it up right or don't do it at all. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    If he won't listen to you then have him visit this site so we can set him straight. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Even if the truck is strictly for show and is never off-road or is never driven on the street, he should still use springs in the front. What's going to happen when he sells it to some unsuspecting person? Set it up right or don't do it at all. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Tell him to join this site!24.99 and he can explode his Brain with info /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

If I was in your situation and he wouldnt listen to you tell him its illegal and if he doesnt care report him to the police. I know hes ur friend and its kindof a messed up thing to do. But what would be worse: He gets a ticket and has to fix it correctly or he goes out and one of the blocks pop out and he rames a civic and kills some little kids. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    That not only would make him look bad but it would also make it easyer for the ppl who hate big trucks to try and ban them.

Nick

17. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

"Get a rope."

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

19. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

personally i dont understand why putting them infront would be any different than in back...

any people say they dont bolt to the springpack...couldnt you just drill holes and bolt them there?

20. mudjunkie 82

What has the most stopping power?Front brakes,They do a large percentage of it.So that would mean a lot more force is applied to the front end compared to the rear.That means alot of force is applied to the springs where they mount to the axle.Now you add this block to the spring and picture what happens when you hit the brake,The axle Tube would want to twist Clockwise toward the front.what would happen if the u bolts were loose = out comes the block.You can imagine the rest /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif