Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will wheels work with stock K5 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JC50, Mar 13, 2002.

1. JC50

JC50 Registered Member

I currently have an 87' K5 Blazer w/ original 15 x 8 wheels that I've been running 33 x 12.50 x 15 tires with no problems whatsoever. I'm thinking about getting bfg a/t k/o's same size but install on an American Eagle wheel 15 x 10 w/3.62" back spacing. I have no lift, just stock suspension. Would I be ok with this set up? Any info appreciated.

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Not sure what the back spacing is on the factory wheels, but you should start there. Measure what you current wheel back spacing is and see for yourself if you new wheels will fit.
    ...... Welcome aboard....

3. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

You will probably rub when you turn the wheels, or if you flex the suspension much.

But the good news is now you have a great excuse to lift your K5.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have an 89.
    I'm running 33s on 9" US wheels with 3 1/2 " back spacing with no lift. I had to cut a small piece out of the back inside on the fender wells on the front. It rubbed a little when I flexed real hard. But have had no other problems.