Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Willys Wagon on K5 chassis

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by samiam, Feb 9, 2004.

1. samiam

samiam Registered Member

My 73 K5 body is almost spent, too many close encounters with non-forgiving rocks. The Krylon just didn't protect like advertised. Have a 62 Willys Overland ( 2 door station wagon basicly) that would look really sweet on the K5 frame. Has anyone done this ? Let me know.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doh his name is slipping my mind at the second but there is a member here that did just this. He has 57" front springs on it.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jeremy, aka 55willy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yep now I remember, ha

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my webshot folder
    I also have some in the member area, which I can't link ya too since I'm Blu:(.

there is also a page of it on Mandy's web site that showsthe first couple stages of the build up.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Here is a bunch more of Jeremy's when I helped him put the 55 willy's body on the K5 frame /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. samiam

samiam Registered Member

Thanks I checked the site and it looks really cool

8. samiam

samiam Registered Member

Thanks

9. samiam

samiam Registered Member

I am sure to have ? after ? . Here is thanking you in advance . Im lucky that my Doner body is in really good shape, no rust, not even speaker cut outs. Will be in touch, be thinking of what I can barter for info.

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I hae helped a few through emails who have done or are doing the same swap. It's easier then most body swaps since the basic measurements are pretty close.

if you ever need more info you can enter 1955 willy's or 55 willy's or willy's wagon in any search engine and I'm normaly within the top 5 matches,LOL.

The one thing I will point out is you need to move the motor back in the frame or put the radiator in the back. Or I guess you could cut out the rear wheel openings and position the body farther forward.

11. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

Muddytazz, I would really like to view your album, but it is telling me that the album is password protected. Please advise.

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Muddytazz, I would really like to view your album, but it is telling me that the album is password protected. Please advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you join Imagestation? You have to join to view the pictures.

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm also a member of imagestation and yes it is password protected. I forgot the passwrod so I started guessing, I think it ended up being "55willy" or 55 willy" I forgot again, LOL

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

DwarF, you should be able to view them now. I also forgot that is was passworded, so I removed it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. G.M.H

G.M.H Registered Member

I have a 54 pickup body on a 1980 frame.I moved the engine back exactly 4 inches if I recall.I also had to shorten the box by 12".I have added a doubler and there is still enough length for a driveshaft.Cooling can be a problem as there is not enough frontal area available.I have a plymouth fury rad which was recored to 3 row high efficiency, and it is not quite adequate.With mine frame flex/fatigue is a problem, as the chevy one piece body added a lot of stiffness to the frame.On a wagon this may not be an issue,but use as many body mounts as possible.Good luck with your project.