Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Win a JEEP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah it's a Jeep but it's for a really good cause! I didn't have a salvagable K5 to donate to this.
    This is one of, Robzilla's, BigJebear's, Keith's and my friends. Help out if you can!

www.paynejeep.com

Ok here is the deal. One of our club members ( www.gbr4wd.com ), Robin Payne, was seriously injured in a car wreck. She spent 4 months in the hospital and is paralyzed from the waist down as a result.

They were a dual income family like most of us and this has really screwed them up finacially. On top of her Husband, Ralph, now being the only income their current house is totally unsuitable for her to live in because it's a split level. She has been living with her parents since she got out of the hospital, away from her husband and two kids.

They need a new house. Houses suitable to a person in a wheel chair are few and far between and it will have to be built. They have some equity in their current home and it will be going on the market soon.

Ralph is a mechanic by trade and as such without a sizable down payment he will not be able to secure a loan.

One of the other club members works for a large home builder in the area. The builder is basically going to build the house at cost as in no profit for the company but the workers will still have to be paid unless they chose to donate their time.

This is where the club is trying to help. One of the members had a CJ5 that had seen better day's. He donated the CJ to be restored. The Jeep is going to be a door prize at a fund raising dinner. We can't just do a raffle of the jeep for legal reasons although selling tickets to a fund raising dinner is legal in GA (way the not for profit laws and stuff are written here). If you can't make the dinner after you buy the tickets...ohh well. No need to be present to win. Just RSVP so we know how much food to have on hand. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Grand Prize 1980 CJ5, fully restored.
    Second prize is a HS9500 (remote pack)
    Third prize is a set of 33 inch MTR's with about 500 miles on them.

Like was said, the Jeep is restored (as in stock) including rebuilt transmission, Rebuilt engine, regeared to 3.42 (it was like a 2.75 or something) New seals in the whole drive line, New brake system including any questionable and all soft lines. This was a frame off job. New floor from bed to fire wall. Panting and body work was donated by Concord Body shop (this would have been a $3k job). It looks better then the day it rolled off the assembly line! None of the pinch welds are visible, Engine compartment was painted body color. Scorpion bed liner done by KMA all the way up to the underside of the cowl. Even a NEW electrical system from end to end (kit was close to $400 I understand and it really is nice. I did the dash installation and really impressed with the quality).

There are a few things that if you are a shop or manufacture that we could use to put the finishing touches on it if you care to donate. List on the web site. The big one is Still trying to get a black Soft top donated as a finishing touch. It will have a tan best top that is serviceable but is worn if we can't get a top.

Jeep should be at the Southern 3rd quater meeting in Blairsville GA in September. It WILL be at Dixie run. www.sfwda.org for information on those events.

The dinner and give away will be in November in Jasper GA.

Tickets are $25 a plate.

FULL details here www.paynejeep.com You can see pictures of it's progress. We hope to be wrapping up the drivetrain and dropping the body back on the frame our next work weekend.

Tickets should go on sale online on the 19th and can be purchased via Paypal.

[​IMG]
    boo

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

and say someone the west coast wins.... how does it get here?

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would say fly down
    pick it up
    twist grims arm to go to telco wheelen
    drive home

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

It's going to be completlly rebuilt. Drive it home. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Winner is responsible for aranging pick up. I'm sure we will help inj whatever way we can by storing till pick up can be aranged and getting it on a truck. It could also be sold localy through the auto trader and I'm sure we could help with that.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I have a question Grim. The tickets are $25 including a raffle ticket and dinner I assume? So if we just want a raffle ticket, we still have to pay the full $25? That's fine if so, I was just wondering.

6. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought one ticket and have one dinner to give away. If you can use it feel free.

Mike

7. Grim-Reaper

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a question Grim. The tickets are $25 including a raffle ticket and dinner I assume? So if we just want a raffle ticket, we still have to pay the full $25? That's fine if so, I was just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jeep is going to be a door prize at a fund raising dinner. We can't just do a raffle of the jeep for legal reasons although selling tickets to a fund raising dinner is legal in GA (way the not for profit laws and stuff are written here). If you can't make the dinner after you buy the tickets...ohh well. No need to be present to win. Just RSVP so we know how much food to have on hand.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We can't just do a raffle of the jeep for legal reasons although selling tickets to a fund raising dinner is legal in GA (way the not for profit laws and stuff are written here).
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha Grim, thanks.

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Everyone should buy a ticket I have been in tough situations medically speaking and nothing I have been through compares to the stress the worry etc It is a strain on your family I will be buying a ticket soon I hope everyone else who reads these boards will too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Grim-Reaper

Last chance to help out a family

They will be closing online sales Thurdsay Oct 30 a 12PM eastern. Drawing is Saturday Nov 1 and you will be called right away if your not present at the event.

1 in 333 chance of winning something. 2nd prize is a Warn HS9500, Third is a set of 33 inch MTR's with about 1,000 miles on them.

www.paynejeep.com

11. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Re: Last chance to help out a family

Thanks for the reminder. I hope they are doing alright!

12. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

So who won the jeep?