Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winch bumper and 52s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

try searching but nothing, so for everybody running 52 inch springs and a winch bumper what are you doing w/ the L-bracket that you move in front of the body mount, b/c the winch bumpers (or at least mine) is in the way and I cant move the bumper back at all,

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

That is just the trauma with the 52 swap. Hard to get the bumpers on if you keep the L bracket and weak if you don't keep it. I think I would keep the L bracket and try to fab up some other mounting for the bumper. Good luck.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

What about incorporating an "L" bracket replacement into the bumper mount. It would all bolt together just like you would be doing by moving it and you'd almost never take the bumper off anyway.

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    [ QUOTE ]
    What about incorporating an "L" bracket replacement into the bumper mount. It would all bolt together just like you would be doing by moving it and you'd almost never take the bumper off anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm doing, it'll make everything nice and solid.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i just cut the bumper mounting plate around the l braket and its great, of course the bumper is built by me so cutting it to work was easy

6. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

Thor,
    Is that a valve spring your using in place of the lower body mount bushings?

7. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

I thought so. I remember a while back there was a post about using valve springs instead of body mounts, to allow some movement when all flexed up. It's all good

Sorry for the hijack, I'd say make the bracket like mentioned above

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion I wouldn't want the suspension bolted to the bumper. Seems if you banged the front bumper hard your transmitting alot of that shock into the suspension and if the bumper moves so does your axle and suspension. To each his own.