Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winch Bumper Fitting?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Apr 30, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I had a guy offer me a winch bumper that he had custom fabbed for his 80's Blazer (fullsize of course). He offered to sell it to me for $100. It's a real nice bumper, but I don't know if it will fit a 1970 K5. Anyone out there know if it will?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The bumper may fit the frame BUT remember our first gens have a curved front grill and the other guys have a straight or flat grill. So the ends of the bumper will be sticking out alot futher away from the grill than the center will be. may look a littel goffy...???

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help, I had overlooked that fact. I will check it out and get some measurements and try to visualize how it will look. Anyone else with anymore help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the brackets will have to be mod'd. my buddy had a 69 chevy with a winch bumper and mounted it on a 88 burb. had to use a 1/4" plate to make it touch the frame horns. With a quick swing of a torch or a sawzall you could have it mounted to the inside of the frame rails pretty easly.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif another Eugenian not afraid to post, all the others tend to hide,LMAO

-Jeremy