Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winch bumper pics

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 7, 2002.

Does anyone have any pics of a good front bumper, or know of a good sorce for first gen bumpers?

1. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Just click on my web site for my KMA winch bumper. He's the only guy I have found that makes them for first generation Blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    The previous owner just hacked a hole in the stock bumper and mounted a Warn 9000 behind it.I think it looks good so I'v left it alone.
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Hey Bob, any additional info or pics on that winch install would be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks, Doug aka OLD DAWG

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

I'll take some better pic's of the mounting plate on Monday.I work nights all this weekend.I have a couple of pic's but they are a little dark.

The winch is mounted to a large piece of steel "C" channel.
    [​IMG]

The winch is bolted to the "C" channel
    [​IMG]

The "C" channel has 2 "L" brackets welded to the ends and then the "C" channel is bolted to the frame.That's the pic. I'll have to take Monday.
    The roller fairlead is just bolted to the bumper
    [​IMG]

It looks as if during the install the bottom edge of the bumper needed to be trimmed a little.That could prob. be avoided by mounting the winch just a little farther back on the frame.
    [​IMG]

I'll post the other pic's Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Thanks Bob, I just hate to lay out the money for a winch bumper and lose some of the approach angle if I don't have to. And I too work nights so don't lose sleep over the pics, whenever you can is fine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanks, Doug (aka OLD DAWG)

6. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

You have a good point about aproach angle but I need some protection up front. We have a lot of trees around here and when you have to stomp it to jump out of a mud hole then the trail makes a hard right I'd rather level a small tree then ruin a good winch or bumper.

Of course when I drove a Bradly we loved to run over 3-4' diameter trees for fun.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

My winch is mounted alot like the one behind the bumper. A nice tight fit between the frame rails. The difference is I replaced my chrome bumper with an 8in c channel. This thing is stout without being too heavy. It is easy enough for 2 guys to mount my bumper with the winch installed on it. It is such a tight fit that someone would have to take my whole bumper to get my winch (added bonus) It only sticks out far enough I could easily stand on it without totally ruining my approach angle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At this time I dont have any web hosting.. I would be glad to take pictures and e-mail them to you.

PM me if your interested

my bumper could easily flatten small trees and brush and it was CHEAP to make.

8. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I said I'd get the pic's Monday.
    My truck's paint and body is being done as I speak /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I'm going to see the Blazer on Wed.I'll get the pic's then.Sorry for the brain fart. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif