Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winch mount

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Mar 29, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have run a winch that is mounted behind the stock bumber, it looks like you could put one between the frame rails, anyone have any feed back on that? Does anyone have any pictures of winches mounted on there rig? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check out this months 4WOR...or is that where you got the idea? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea I saw that on the military truck and thats how I got the idea and I was wondering if anybody had done that on a blazer, I dont think anything is different between the frames but I just want to make sure before I buy a winch. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I like the hidden mount too. You might wanna contact this guy:
    [​IMG]
    He used to have the winch behind the stock bumper, now he has a different bumper but I think the winch is still under the radiator. You can get his contact info here.

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Here's a couple pics of mine. I have built a RE12000 mount and a Patriot 15000 mount. Both can be used with the stock bumper. Although I built the bumpers to go with them. You can check my members rides section for more ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]