Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winch problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jul 4, 2002.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

Last night my winch died, and now all it does is click when i press the bottun. Before it died it pulled the line in really slow, and kept getting slower and then died. Is this just the soliniod or could it be more?

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

That sounds like what mine did when the motor burned up! I hope not for your sake, cause they are expensive! I would save your time and money and bring it somewhere to have it tested out (go to a Warn or Ramsey authorized service center)...don't start buying parts just to buy parts. I got screwed on my Ramsey, it was like 2 months past the damn warranty period when it died, and they refused to help me out...cost me over $300 for the motor to be replaced! Next time it happens I will have a Warn! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif There is a chance it could be a bad solenoid also, but mine did exactly as you descibe - made clicking noises...

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status