Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Winch setup with remote batteries?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Sandman, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I was curious where you put your battery or batteries on the ORD Blazer and what kind of cable you used to connect your winch. Thanks.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

They're behind the driver's seat. I took one out for the supercrawl but will probably go back to duals for trail rides. I'm using #2 welding cable if I remember right. Haven't had a problem with elec. power so far but I would like to have a bigger cable. I think I'm going to move the batteries back a little farther before next spring and I'll have to re-cable it so I might go a bit bigger. I figured the voltage drop with what I have now under hard winching conditions and my line size is marginal but with a high amp alternator on a real short lead to the winch it takes up some of the slack. The EFI motor also starts with minimal cranking so it doesn't take a lot to make it work.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thanks. I havnt decided quite yet where to put mine, but behind the seat is looking the best right now.