Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

winches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, May 27, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

wich is better Warn, Ramsey, or superwinch and wich moudel sould I go with I am thanking 9500ix.thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Read the other post about winches. I have a 95i on my truck. You can also read my review on http://www.off-road.com/chevy. There is a bunch of good information on that site. Of couse they scewed me over on about 85% of the good information just because they are endorced by that POS Milemarker.

Go warn, go big and you will beable to go home... I wouldn't suggest anything smaller than a XD9(i) for a fully loaded trail ready Blazer. OH, thats right I said "trail ready", so that already eliminates: Superwinch, Mile Marker & Ramsey...

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I was looking in my warn book and was wondering if you can resever mount a warn hs9500i.

I knok it is porbly stupid to ask but can you resever mount an m12000.

becaus I want a big winch but I want to resever mount it thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared

4. Corey-88K5

I'm assuming you are talking about the "quick mount" style of setup. Glen (depdog) has one, and a guy here in town has one also. If you are talking about reverse mount (mount backwards) I doubt it. Its designed to pull from under the drum. Either that or wrap the line backwards.

Corey
    88K5

5. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I did mean quick mount I just want to quick mount a big one and was wondering if you could do it to an m12000 I know warn does not make a quick mount for it but what about a meatel shop.

[​IMG]Go prepared

6. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

I was also wondering for a permanant mount, do you need to cover the winch at all from the weather? A reciever mount would make more sense here...

Blazin' in Flagstaff

7. Corey-88K5

If you want a quick mount I'm sure you could fab up a strong enough mount for one. Even if you just used a standard receiver in front for a quick mount and beef the doo doo out of it. As far as covering the winch, I haven't covered my winch. I may get one later, but its not a large concern.

Corey
    88K5

8. fredd

fredd 1/2 ton status

A quick mount system can be made for the Warn 12000, as well as for any other winch.
    Keep in mind if you use your reciever, the weak point is the connect pin, this is only rated up to 5,000 lbs.
    If you make your own quick mount, or have a metal shop fabricate it for you, make sure to use a double reciever tube spaced at the ends of the platform. That way you can safely pull up to 10,000 lbs.
    You don't want to see a flying XD9500i when the pin shears, as a local guy did (twice) when pulling his Suburban on 44"'s out.

fredd