Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

where can i finda good priced 6-8000 pound winch, or is my search a failure?

16, 88 jimmy, give me advise if i ask for it, please!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

most of the time the chain stores like the ones in the banner above this fourm have the best deals cuz they buy in bulk. Also Xmas is near so your sure to find a deal!
    I got a Warn HS9500i fer 749 + free accessory bag full of winch goodies from 4WPW last year or the year before can't remember but anyway just start calling them and tell um that the other guy can getit for this amount and go back in forth till you get the best deal. Oh and don't forget to get free shipping too[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

First , where in GA are you? There are a bunch of us on here throughout the state &amp; at least 10 that I know of around Atlanta.
    Now for your ? if you want new look at the old style Ramsey REP8000 is about $500. You may want to look at used ones as well. There are some good deals out there. Don't go smaller than 8k lbs.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i mam i nrome, about a nhour an one galf north of atl. Thanks for the advice

16, 88 jimmy, give me advise if i ask for it, please!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Normally they say to get a winch that has a rated pulling capacity of the weight of your vehicle plus half. When I talked to Ramsey and Warn they both said to go with at least a 9K pounder...
    I have the Hs9500i and I really like it! Plus you can find great deals on them for a little more money...

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I live in Marietta but work in Cartersville [​IMG]
    really these trucks are heavy pigs. 8,000 at the minumum. I would look at the Warn 9000 or 9500i. hold out if you can for the extra bucks. The 8274 while only rated 8k is probably one of the best winches EVER. I have seen them out pull just about everything else out there. I have seen one out pull a MM 10k Hydro that stalled and the 8274 yanked the truck out. The truck was a 79 Bronco that had a Mile Marker on it. (Were you there BigJ when Ken got the Bronco stuck at Jay's and the Pat's 8274 did that?). Problem is the 8274 is pushing $1k.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No I wasn't there on that trip but over the years there has been one winch that has allways been there. I remember seeing 8274 being given serious workouts as a kid and right on up through last month. That is why I wanted one so bad. Yes, they are odd looking and draw a lot of amps but they are fast enough and have enough cable to to be double lined w/o any problems. I know where there is a used one in Dawsonville for a good price. Unless it has already sold. Grim do you know if Kerry's friend sold the one I was thinking about? Your not too far from us, I'm in Dallas. Are you intrested in joining a 4WD club? There are two good ones in the area. Of course I will plug ours. Here is the site gbr4wd.com

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

8. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Sometimes you can run across these M8274s that have been used and get'em pretty cheap because they have been around for so long.

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

alright another Georgia boy the south will rise again HEHEHE. well as far as the winch goes i gotta ramsey RE-12,000 i picked it up used for $500. take a look in the atlanta advertiser thats where i found mine, look in the tool section and truck assc. section.