Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Im looking to by a winch for my 71 K5 and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on brand/model....electric/hydraulic?.... I need something with at elast a 9000 LB rating..I was thinking the warn HS9500i, but am very open to suggestions!

Thanx in advance

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have an HS9500i and I like it very much! It has a lot of power and is very fast!!!

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Hydrolic are slow as christmas and if your engine does not run it wont run. I have the HS9500i and absolutly LOVE IT.

Works like a champ.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Can't say I own one (yet) but if you do a search you will find WARN is the most respected and trusted winch manufacturer out there. Knowing their quality and how they run their manufacturing operations (located here in the Portland area) they really seem to have their reputation from building quality.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I have a milemarker 10,500 lb. 2 speed winch and it works great. It is also waterproof and works even if submerged. You also don't have to have extra batteries or a bigger alternator. It will also pull continuously without overheating and melting any wiring. Most people that bad mouth hydraulic winches are those that have never had one. Been there done that.

[​IMG]

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

An extra battery has MANY uses so I would recomend having one even if you don't have a winch or are going with hydrolic flavor!! A dead batt. with no one around for a jump is a definite show stoper!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

7. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    What about the waterproof engine to turn the power steering pump.
    No pump no whinch.

8. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Same engine turns same alternator. I'm not disagreeing which is better but I prefer my hydraulic and I have had both. Alot depends on what type of 4 wheeling you do.

[​IMG]

9. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

see my post in the Ramsey winch listing, it should still be on the front page.
    if your engine stalls for any reason with a hydraulic winch you're outta luck.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>