Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window adjustment

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Buckeye, Nov 19, 2001.

1. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

The driver's side window will not roll up completely. But b/4 I attempt to adjust it, how do I remove the door and window crank handle? Then, any advice on how to adjust the window? Thanks.

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    window and door handle are easy. You can buy a tool for less than 10 bucks at napa or most other auto parts stores with a help section. The handles are held on by a c clip type thing that slides into grooves in the base of the handle. you can also do it with a couple screwdrivers but a lot easier with a tool. As far as adjusting the window I dont have a clue but am interested also. Half an answer is better than none at all. Good luck.

3. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

70jimmy, thanks for the tip. My pal had the tool to get to those c-clips. The brushes on the inner felt are impeding the glass. It's bent b/c I dented the top inner door (don't ask). I had it straightened and I ordered the window kit from LMC. Hope that does the trick.
    Later.

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy