Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window broken

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by noJeepshere, Jan 7, 2004.

1. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

went out to jump start the jimmy and it wouldnt start /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif i had the window down so i could just reach and turn the key. anyways, i went to roll it up and it jammed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so i closed the door(a little harder, i was kinda upset) and i guess it was the cold (9f) or something and it just shattered into a billion jillion pieces /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif WTF!!! forget the lift and tires, all my money is going into a window and a battery. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    sorry, i was just venting at my own stupidity. there are times when i love that thing, and other times when i have to try to love it. i dont look forward to this evening with my dad coming home
    /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif
    im so mad right now, i could punch somehting.
    anyways, thanks for letting me vent.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

go to the junkyard and get a window, and buy a battery at wal mart, they're $60 for the best one they got, then you can still afford the lift and tires.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you have an Interstate battery company in your area, you can get an interstate battery for $20 called the economy batteries. They are the same batteries as there top of the line quality batteries just with an expired shelf life, no biggy, it's not like buying milk. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have had one for over a year now and never have had a prob with it and have lft my system going for quite a while before and it still fires right up, good batteries. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I agree with Tim, get a window at the junk yard.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i know how you feel one day after one of the worst days working with my yealling boss on a job site(mad because hes blind and couldent cut right) i took off got some gas closed the door and smash a lap full of glass SNAP /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif son of a...... mother.....aaaaaaaahhh i then almost hit a civic because it was blocking me getting out. on the way home i took out like 400 road pylones w my 85 k20, drive a bit- side sideways on the gravel pull it back, great way to let off steam . i was a little younger and dumber then. sorry to hear about it the window is a really easy fix though 25 min mabey half hour. just make sure you get any glass out of the track it can jam up the new window and break it.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, I've found that out too. Don't slam the door with the window down, it will break.

6. clutch

clutch Registered Member

how close are you to portland i got some windows

7. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

thanks again, guys. i was thinking boneyard but remembered that i live in a dusty desert and theyre all pitted and shtuff. been allover those hulls plenty this summer. ill consider your offer, clutch. (take I5 n, to 90 then to mp 151, 18 miles from there, 200 from portland.) and i didnt know about Interstate batteries, tell me more. is it a dealer or a place that sells them or what? maybe the lift may not be to far off anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    Chevys rule, but GMCs are better.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif