Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window channels

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigmike72, Nov 12, 2003.

1. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

I've have some new window channels/felt coming from Chevy Duty tomorrow since mine are pretty torn up. Do you guys know what I need to do to install them? Can I just install from the top or do I need to remove the door panels and maybe the glass to install. I can figure this out but I hate removing door panels and I'd have to go buy some more of those little white plastic screws that always seems to fall apart /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You will have to take the door pannel off. The channels go all the way down to the bottom of the door.

If you had a '71 or earlier you wouldn't have to worry about the little plastic things /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You also wouldn't have to worry about the rear view mirror falling off. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You will have to take the door pannel off. The channels go all the way down to the bottom of the door.

If you had a '71 or earlier you wouldn't have to worry about the little plastic things /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You also wouldn't have to worry about the rear view mirror falling off. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I guess I'll be hitting the store first to get some plastic things /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Yeah yeah about the mirror, already replaced the mirror and mount last week. Was going to just replace the mirror but the new one wouldn't fit the mount and the mount broke free when I tried to force it. Luckily I already had the glue /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I got a bag of them for like five bucks, make sure you use adhesive the keep the new window channels in place /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif