Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window Crank ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Dec 5, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I have an '86 K5. Could somebody tell me how to get my window crank off. I found some aluminum cranks in a magazine but need to know how mine come off and go on. Also when taking the door panel off do you just slide it over the door handle or does the door handle come off first. I also found some wicked looking flame door handles.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

2. FLWIV440

FLWIV440 Registered Member

you can take the handle off by inserting two small slotted screwdrivers right behind the handle and releasing the clip. there is a special tool you can get but it is not necessary. hope this helps.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    special tool is like 5 bucks or less and makes it easy. the crank is held on by a C clip that fits it 2 grooves in the crank. Just push it off and handle slides off. No need to take door panel off at all. They also sell replacement clips very cheap if you bend it or lose it. 5 minute job max.