Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window goes up, but not down

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudbog42, Feb 4, 2007.

1. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

Ok here's the issue, just replaced my tailgate and used the parts out of my old one because they worked just fine in the old tailgate, i put the motor and the regulator in and for some reason the motor will raise the regulator nice and fast but then when going down,:confused: it crawls and i must help it down.

Now if I disconnect the cable from the motor, you can see and hear the motor spinning freely both ways:laugh: , hook it back up and the same problem.:mad:

By the way this is all with the window disconnected and nothing attached to the regulator and for some reason it won't go down, this is becoming really irritating because I would like to be able to start using my tailgate again without becoming frustated everytime I need to use it:angry1:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks ahead of time:bow:

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Have you tried to spray some lube onto the mechanism? Stay away from lithium grease/lube. It dries out and becomes very sticky.

3. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

What kind of lube should I use? I did use the lithium grease, oops