Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window Installation

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by abvgrndsub, Apr 10, 2006.

1. abvgrndsub

abvgrndsub Registered Member

My 1990 Suburban was stolen last year and I recovered it myself. I found them in the process of moving it to a new location but they had already took the bling out and the front windshield. Well I got it back together as well as I could but Im having trouble getting the front winshield installed. My cousin gave me a windshield and a rubber boot. I installed those two but cant get the center rubber piece in. I called a few glass places and they dont want to only put the rubber strip in without doing the glass also. To make thing more fun I recently broke my long side window, I bought a window off ebay and have the same problem with that strip. To make a long story longer :rolleyes: My question is do they sell a tool I can use to install that piece myself or is there another way to do this?

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Yes their is a tool that makes it easier to install the lock trim..it makes it alot easier to install. also using some heat and soapy water helps....

3. abvgrndsub

abvgrndsub Registered Member

Do you know where this tool is sold?

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status