Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window latch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Feb 26, 2002.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

The little latch on the litlle window has become really loose, almost to the point where it doesn't want to hold the window shut. Has anybody ever had this problem or know how to tighten it down?

Thanks!!

88' K5 Silverado 9" Lift 38" Swamper TSL's

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

You talking about the wing window lever on the door??

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/custar/index.html>Your parents WANT you click here, NOW!!</a>

3. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

There is a rubber washer on the outside of the latch (Between the rounded knob and the glass itself. I'll bet yours split (like mine) and fell off. I wrapped a few rubber bands around and around this knob, against the glass, the rubber bands compress etc when you close the latch inside, the more rubber bands, the tighter your window. It also helps when you're doing it to push the whole latch assembly outwards, thus making the gap on the outside for the rubber bands bigger...Try it, it works

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go to your local auto parts store and you can buy a rebuild kit for that latch. It is called a wing window.

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott