Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window Motor Repair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just pulled then entire window assembly out of my passenger side, i undid the motor from the support arms so it was free, i pulled a black unit of the back of the motor which connects between the motor and the connecter switch. Only problem is when i did these two little metal stabilizers and springs came out, obviously that isnt supposed to happen but i cant get it put back together, the springs push the stablizers out to much so that i cant get them to fit around the end of the motor. any ideas or should i just go get another one? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing the springs and armature brushes are what you are talking about. If I remember correctly, look inside the end of the motor housing you removed, there should be a plastic washer in the end of it, put the brushes and springs back in place and use the plastic washer to hold them in position, slide the end of the armature in place and it will push the plastic washer out of the way as the brushes slide into place on the armature. It's been a while since I did those but I'm pretty sure that will work.

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Bummer, I jusy sold a passenger side window motor on e-bay for $5.50. I would have sent it to you for shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif