Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Sep 21, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Hey i found my problem with my window. The damn motor is messed up. I took it out and just connected it without all the scissor contraption for the window. The motor works up and it tries to work down but it sounds like a gear is striped inside the thing. Are these things rebuildable???? Can i drill the rivets out and rebuild the sucker? And of course to add to the fun it is raining out now and the window is down!!! So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I dont think the units are rebuildable( i havent seen the rebuild kits listed before). For now just get a big HEFTY trash bag and cover as much of the door as possible( open door and put the opening as far down as possible and close the door). IT will make a nasty noise down the road but since its better than a wet blazer that smells like a Jeep. I think that scissors thing was to aide the window going up and down. The track on the bottom of the window glass is connected to the scissors via little roller things, if I am not mistaken. I guess it is to keep uniform pressure, going up and down, on the glass at all times. I know they sell the regulators at your local parts store. See if they have them. Most are rebuilt from ACI, you could as if they have a rebuild kit in the ACI catalog. Like I said earlier though, I havent seen one as of yet but it wouldnt hurt to ask. I hope you have a good parts counter person too.

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Thanks for responding, no it wasn't the regulator it was the motor and O'Reilly auto parts had a rebuilt motor for 29 bucks. Little bit pain in the ass to do but it all works now. Had 2 inches of mud in the bottom of the door from the last mudding expedition, guess i shouldn't get it stuck up to the reverse lights!!! Thanks - Doug

Doug Krebs