Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window motors, need help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Clod_King, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

I am trying to replace the window motors in an 89 suburban. I cannot figure out how to get them out. I even tried getting the rachet down there, and taking it off while mounted to the door still.

The bolts just spin....

How do you replace these. I need my driver side to work to pass safety, but I want the driver, and passenger side to work. And I only have this spot in the garage rented for the weekend.

If someone can help me out it would be great.

I was so pissed, I almost threw the new motors across the rental bay. It also wasted a good half hour of solid work time too.

2. kevinc

kevinc Newbie

I just replaced both window motors in my 89 blazer the other day. you need to take out the 4 bolts that you can see in the door then the whole motor and window regulator will be free inside the door. move the the regulator arms one way or the other to free it from the window glass. then it take some manovering but the whole thing will come out of the whole in the door. make sure you mark where the old motor is on the gear teeth or you will have a real hard time getting the bolts to line back up in the door. one more thing when you take the old motor off the regulator be careful it is under pressure by a spring. good luck.