Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window off track! Any solutions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Oct 31, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got in today and put the window up and it was laying to one side...and the rubber I put in it won't fold in on the bottom....can anyone solve this?

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Is this the rear or the front(2) window(s)? I am currently fixing my rear window cause the window channel has rusted out. I have fabricated a new u-channel and just tack welded the old guide ears and guides back to it. I am using door and window silicone instead of the rubber thing that always seems to seperate off. Neat thing about the silicone, is if you can get a small bead on the window frame edge you can get extra sealing between the glass and seals. Also you might want ot check if hte track is really bent or misaligned.

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Drivers side

..........and one time at band camp.........

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

and it was laying to one side...and the rubber I put in it won't fold in on the bottom....can anyone solve this?

Not exactly sure what you are asking. Try to ask this another way. I'm sure someone can help. Where is the rubber? within the door, on the the outside of door at bottom of window opening, at top of door panel inside window?

WHASSUP?

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sorry I wasn't to clear was I? (not me hehehe) anyway the drivers side window was facing in. (out of the grooves of the rubber) right before the rubber goes into the door panel I can see that its not clipped in, i attemted to fix the rubber and it won't move much, and I am afraid if I pull on it it may cause more damage than its worth......does that clear it up a little. Thanks guys for all the help so far. Looking forward to the solution.

Also fr8train, I think what you said could be a possible solution to the drivers window... sounds like it was a little difficult...

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm still unclear about what exactly your window is doing. My drivers side window has come off of the track a few times. What happened on mine is that the door doesn't line up very good so you have to slam it. Sound familiar? Anyways when the door would get closed with the window down the spot welds the hold the track to the brace would break leaving the rear window track loose at the bottom. Then when you would try and raise the window it would come out of the track and get all bound up.
    I replaced it once with a spare I had and that one broke a couple of weeks later. The second time I rewelded the spot welds and its lasted about a year so far.
    Good luck.

Rene

[​IMG]