Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

window problems!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Nov 20, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I have an '86 Blazer with manual windows and sometimes the driver side window is real hard to roll up and down. And sometimes it will work real smooth. Does anybody know why this does this, and if a can of WD40 will fix it.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I had a hard to roll up window, and I replaced the window crank (the inside the door thing) with ones from a less-rusty truck that had been in a wreck. Kind of a lot of labor to take it all apart, but it fixed it.
    The roller run on two tracks that could be grimy and causing the problem. Or the gear thingy could need to be lubed. Hard to tell unless you take your door apart.
    -- Mike

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Check the track at the vent window. Sometimes mine slips out and it stops moving.

90K5

4. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Take the door panel off and see if the track on the bottom of the glass is rotted. If so it will need replaced.If not, soak it and the regulator with white lithium grease and spray the rubber channels with WD40.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]