Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window removal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84blazend, Oct 24, 2006.

1. 84blazend

84blazend Registered Member

What is the best way to go about removing my windows out of my doors? I am going to tint them. This is on a 1984 Blazer

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Just dive in:wink1:

You'll have to remove the widow crank handle & arm rest, then the door panel.

Look inside and crank up & down so you can see how the window is held. It's easy to do although I usually bugger up a panel retainer (white plastic plugs) so it's a good idea to have a couple new ones handy.

Take your time and when you have the glass off the track if you stick your tongue out just right it will slide out easier. Think Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes:laugh::laugh::haha::haha:

3. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    I might be wrong but i thought you didn't have to take the windows out to tint them atleast the places around here dont. You just can't crank your window up and down for like 24 hours i think. I may be wrong. Unless you are putting glass in that is already tinted

4. 84blazend

84blazend Registered Member

Tinting the glass while it is out of the vehicle makes for some really nice results. We took the side and rear windows out of my buddys 91 S10 and tinted them in his garage. They came out really nice.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Tinting while out is much better. You can cover the entire piece of glass, so you never see an edge, and less chance for peeling later.

Yep, like bkinzey says, it's pretty straightforward and nothing difficult.