Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Window Switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bonestock86, May 18, 2003.

1. bonestock86

bonestock86 Newbie

Just bought an 86 k5 and the windows don't work. On the drivers side there are just 6 loose wires and they are not connected to a plug like they are supposed to be. So if anyone knows where the wires are supposed to go on the new plug I bought that information would be very helpful.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Ouch. Are you saying the ends have been broken or cut off? All the window/door lock switches I've seen use an oddly shaped metal piece crimped to the end of the wire, that sits in the plastic plug in a certain way. The metal piece is bent to keep tension on the switch "pins" that protrude into the plastic plug.

Without those ends, my only suggestion is go to the wrecking yard,cut one off a donor vehicle, and solder it to your wires. Anything less than that fix would probably have you tear the doors apart again in 6 months or less.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree with Dorian, go to the junkyard and get the whole cable setup(it goes from the window plug to the main harness plug just as the wires enter the truck from the door)